PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Nov 2006, 09:14
Deskjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V35B
For those of you who are a upbeat SAA getting one back on the low cost carriers, you make me laugh. The current LCC's will be better run and managed than Mango will ever be. Just take a look at its big brother. I am not trying to have a go at the previous posts but I just feel that there is a slightly aggressive approach towards the current LCC's on this thread. Just remember that the LCC's and Nationwide are privately run, and a have provided a lot of jobs for a lot of people. They have proved themselves in the industry already by competing with SAA, now they have to compete with another airline with an endless flow of cash. I think they are relatively justified for feeling a bit miffed. Happy flying guys
First post and such a lot to say, vested interest perhaps?

In terms of Mango’s management, I would suggest you give the guys the opportunity to show you what they can do- I can assure you that you will not be disappointed- or perhaps you will- if what I have postulated about your vested interest is true.

In terms of aggression I would suggest you really read some of the posts- most of it is directed at SAA- posts by SRT and JP that follow yours are an example of such. The other LCC’s? well over the last few months I for one have debated their position in what I consider to be a balanced way- pros and cons, look up my posts if you don’t believe me- these guys have some real challenges ahead- even without the Mango influence.

I get the feeling that some posters here feel that SAA should rather just roll over and die, well all may not be where we want it to be with the national carrier, however a definite plan is in place to remedy to malaise the business has been in for the last few years and return to long term profitability- something that will cost the tax payer far less than if SAA went belly up. Part of this plan is Mango, the rest of the strategy will emerge in the new year.

Our plans will be executed within the law’s of the country- as always our competitors know they have an ever vigilant competition authority to whom they can turn if they feel they have been aggrieved. I do however feel quite confident that they will find this difficult to do as there are no underhanded tactics on SAA’s part insofar as Mango is concerned- it is just a good business opportunity that will now be exploited.

What disappoints me about some of the participants in this forum is their lack of vision in terms of where air travel can be taken to in this country, we know that only 5 to10% of the people in this country have ever flown- have any of you any idea what the average black person pays to ride a clapped out old taxi form Johannesburg to East London/PE etc? Go find out. Then lets talk about jobs for pilots.