PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2006, 07:28
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The super-duper Masterplan is overdue, so perhaps the BAA are having to revise it PDQ! We may get another carousel after all!! Or another shop.

Already things are crowded despite the 2 new domestic stands. As TAD says, only 4 intl stands just ain't enough either - I've heard a/c parked as high up as Stand 8 for an intl dept. I think we need more than just 16 stands already, despite the double-parking we get on one or two of them.

We have 3 heli cos. whose terminals, despite the current boom, are not operating on full capacity & never will get back to the halcyon days of the early 80s. I've said this before, but couldn't they be persuaded to agree a deal to let the likes of T3, X9, etc operate from there? Or are the logistics of it unworkable? Or move the Flightlines to the Bristow/Scotia terminals.

Needs must?

As for the LHR comparison, was certainly busy yesterday evening! Ground freq open to 2030hrs was testiment to that, as the Twr was busy co-ordinating all the traffic, incl the heli trainers. No wonder they disappear to INV/DND/offshore these days - can Longside still be used for circuits, or is it off-limits with all the light GA there now?

About time someone returned to STN, ridiculous that it's taken 7 yrs & counting to attract a new airline onto a route that had around 100K pax carried annually before it got da chop.