PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to spread like contagious disease....... :)
Old 6th Nov 2006, 10:20
Going Boeing

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation

Some of you have misinterpreted the intent of my previous post. I do not want GA pilots to help prop up QF T & C's - I want everybody to help maintain Pilot Industry Terms & Conditions. There are going to be a huge number of jobs in this region in the future so this is the right time to make a stand against the race to the bottom. If a person accepts a position with Jetstar now he is accepting these low T & C's and as we know, the majority of pilots stay with the first airline that offer them employment so in fact they are accepting a poor lifestyle for the rest of their career. By rejecting Jetstar, you still stand an excellent chance of employment with a major airline in the near future on terms and conditions that will give a lot more enjoyment throughout your working life.

The attitude of the Joyce and Dixon is that they do not want any cross contamination between QF mainline pilots and Jetstar pilots, so, if you accept a job with Jetstar, QF pilot recruiting will then never offer you a position with mainline (management would have issued directions that ensure QF does not undermine Jetstar pilot recruitment). The only way you would be able to "upgrade" would be to go to Virgin or an overseas airline.

I'm also strongly opposed to the concept of pilots having to pay for their endorsement. With the shortage of pilots about to hit it's time to say at the interviews that if the airline wants your skills then you require the ailine to fund your endorsement. If enough applicants do this then the airlines will have to change their position. ie It's time for pilots to band together and tell the airlines what T & C's we will work under.