PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to spread like contagious disease....... :)
Old 6th Nov 2006, 00:31
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read it, re-read it, and re-read it again, and it still comes across as contradictory.

Anyway flyingins, you and longjohn both clearly said, "you should be trying to engage the Jetstar pilot group". I, quite clearly, agreed and am deeply disgusted at previous AIPA presidents attitudes towards Impulse pilots etc. And the Jetstar pilot representatives (NOT the line pilots), quite clearly, are not interested in such engagement.

It really is as simple as that unfortunately. When AIPA finally came to its senses mainline pilots were told we "had a seat at the table" by a certain very senior executive. The reality was that the table and chairs had already been packed away and we were led on a goose chase. The deal had already been done. Your representatives (not your line pilots) took the table and chairs away in the full knowledge of what had been said.

Your CEO has a publicly stated aim of preventing "mainline culture" (whatever that might be - I guess a good days pay for a good days work, rewards for the associated responsibility and professional requirements of the job, still one of the worlds best safety records, dunno - could be any number of things he doesn't like I suppose) from infiltrating Jetstar. Your representatives have so far been fully supportive of that aim. Like I said. Engagement? Won't be allowed to happen at the moment.

Last edited by DutchRoll; 6th Nov 2006 at 06:00.