PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euromanx- 2
Thread: Euromanx- 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2006, 21:03
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anotherflapoperator
The Q400 will lose out on the business travellers who choose the 146 out of snob appeal simnply because it's a jet, and trust me there's a lot out there who do!
Lose out to what? If there's no jet going to London, then it will be a question of whose service is better. The jet was generally higher and smoother. And seems faster...

My Exec Club membership always helped make BA the first choice. What clinched it was the friendliness and professionalism of the crews, and yes, I got p****d off with the rubbishy -100 imposed on us after BACX management dumped G-MIMA (in error I suspect they now realise) but the crews always made it bearable.

I for one am not looking forward to a regime which wants £x for baggage or £y for a nominated seat. I've used BACon and before that Manx and before that British Midland (ahh...Viscounts...) and what I see is what I pay is what I get. FlyBe's Loco model is not what I want.

I've used EuroManx to LCY several times and am happy to use them (or indeed VLM) in future. So I think both will benefit.

BA will be a loser though. For my not inconsiderable long haul spend may just as well go to Virgin (and their limo's run from/to LCY...).