PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First time passes - how important for that first job?
Old 5th Nov 2006, 13:01
Stratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is preferable to pass everything first time because it is far cheaper and less time consuming , as far as most employers that I am aware of are concerned this has little relavance, they generally don`t ask. If you want to slip the `first time pass` in during an interview it won`t do any harm as far as flight tests go. It just depends on who is interviewing you and what they consider important. If the pilot member of the panel passed his/her flight tests first time they will be proud of that fact and it may have some import, if they didn`t then they won`t care. Most people could not give a stuff about the exams, these are widely regarded as a necessary evil, anyone that passes those first time `Hats off to you` perhaps you should get out more.
Thus far I have not been asked by a hire-car company how many attempts I had at my driving test , they always ask to see my licence though, as will a member of your interviewing panel, together with you log book so they can check and verify all those flight times in there?
Seriously now, don`t let it worry you.