PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to spread like contagious disease....... :)
Old 5th Nov 2006, 12:14
Douglas Mcdonnell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Gday Pete.My old mate.Stature? well thats been long non existant in Aus aviation.Thats no secret. defensive?, only because of the terrible double standards that are obvious to all but the "chosen few". Im counting the days to my retirement,and after 38 years they are near. The shame of aviation these days is that its not the once great job it used to be. Through decades of head in the sand"im alright jack" union stances its been degraded to a unrecoverable point. Jetstar blokes are not to blame. Id argue that as the beacon of aviation in this country and the world mainliners high moral ground would be to include all QF group pilots instead of slagging from the high ground. Conditions not up to your exulted standard? perhaps a little pressure on AIPA may help. take a look at Nat Jet. No staff travel. I havent seen a debate about this ever!!!!. doesnt matter because it doesnt affect you?

Ill tell you straight up that, that was the comment from CM at the initial meeting after Impulse was aquired by QF. " We wont nor want to represent you in negotiations with the company". This was followed by the obligitary stunned silence.

My point is that for a perfect organisation that sets the standard and critisises all other players, you have to be perfect!!!

Ill mention a few places. Perth, Canberra, Darwin, Launceston,Sydney ( FMS initialisation issues) and of course the big one. QF 1.

All within the last 5 years.

No ones perfect. No one knows everything about flying. Simple.

DM