PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to spread like contagious disease....... :)
Old 5th Nov 2006, 08:49
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Jet* International will fail in Japan no doubt about it, I know people there and the general public doesnt have a clue who they are. Its all about brand recognition, and if you can go Singair for same price why go with Jet* , But having said that figures can be doctored how much of a loss will they subsidise until they give up? Jet* will go quite well to some destinations no doubt but going down to Melbourne to stay with your best mate for a weekend is different to an international holiday people arent gonna do it nearly as often, and I think they will struggle with the inbound market with brand recognition. But I will eat my humble pie in one year if I am wrong, its just my guess thats its not gonna be all its hyped up to be. Unfortunately if they fail, its bad for Qantas (because of all the funds squandered while the likes of Emirates etc double probably) and if they succeed it will be bad for Qantas mainline too its a no win situation.
But my guess is once they have to really compete rather than reduce mainline and substitute for Jet* they will fail miserably