PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Into wind for run-ups?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2006, 06:04
vh_ajm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone asked a while back where a good place to do runups is when there is not one designated. I have also come accross this once or twice. The first time it led me to doing runups in a twin on the roll which took up a lot of effort on the taxi and I'm sure my instructors wouldnt have been happy. Bit dodgy of me.

Runups before each flight is -as I understand- in my ops manual and I would prefer to do it when not required by ops manuals cos things do get missed when you leave it to other people.

I find into wind helps at GAAPS because it makes ur aircraft's position and entry/exit in the bay predictable to other aircraft and since the aircraft will all point the same way, you won't be prop washing others.

Personally I have few problems with checks on the run, good practice for larger operators. I follow their procedures such as pausing checks when crossing runways and 'clear left/right' approaching taxiways. Of course all subject to workload, safety first and speed/efficiency second etc etc.