PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to spread like contagious disease....... :)
Old 4th Nov 2006, 07:42
podbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Boeing, I support the cause, but suggesting GA guys should knock back JetStar is insane. You can't ask that of these folks. Perhaps hold out on application, but even that is a tall order. I'm sure you are aware that the * has been offering opportunities to some pilots otherwise condemed to GA or small regional operators. As I understand it, unlike QF, Jetstar don't need year 12 graduates, and thus opens the door to many folk who can't go overseas for all sorts of reasons.

I should point out that I don't work for the *, nor do I support the conditions which they offer their pilots. However, I think its unreasonable to expect those who are offered an opportunity to further advance their career, to fight our fight. I do understand that QF can potentially erode mainline into the dust by expanding the orange beast, but I do not think that Joe GA who has been offered a significant pay rise and jet flying opportunity should knock it back because QF pilots (and potentially the rest) will get screwed. How we actually attack the problem? I dunno....