PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to spread like contagious disease....... :)
Old 4th Nov 2006, 06:28
Going Boeing

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The only way for this contagious disease to spread is if they get sufficient pilots. The only way that we can stop conditions being undermined is for us all to stop sniping at the perceived tall poppies and band together. I know that some of you will say that it's fine for me to mouth off when I'm enjoying the job that many of you want, however, I'm very concerned about the future of our profession. I want all those new to the profession to have the same opportunities that I have had.

With the very large number of aircraft that Qantas and Virgin Blue have ordered as well as many of the overseas carriers, there is a very strong demand for pilots over the next 3 to 6 years. If as a pilot group we black ban working for Jetstar, then conditions will not be eroded. Those of you in GA who want an airline job will be making a better long term decision about your careers by rejecting Jetstar now, staying another 12-18 months in GA and then end up with a career with QF, DJ or a quality overseas operator (possibly based in Oz). At least you would have decent terms and conditions and you will have a sense of pride in that you didn't contribute to undermining your profession.