PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Hire in Eastern Europe
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 19:16
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aircraft Hire in Eastern Europe

I remember seeing a couple of posts on this subject a few months ago, but cannot seem to find them anymore, either searching here or via Google.

So apart from a recent post of mine inquiring about Bulgaria, and a more recent one regarding Poland, I found nothing else. Neither of the aforementioned posts has received any specific replies.

Therefore my question is, where in Central and Eastern Europe I might hire SEP aircraft for hour building and touring purposes, much preferrably at an advantageous hourly rate compared to Western European countries (say <€80/hr). It would also be desirable to find a place where I could take the aircraft away for a few days at a time, as that would allow me to do longer trips.

I do believe a number of you chaps are fairly familiar with the Eastern European GA scene and I do hope someone will be able to offer helpful information / advice on where to look.

Thanks in advance.
/LH The Second

[ Note: I use Eastern Europe in a very loose sense. Include everything which used to be on the eastern side of the Iron Curtain, plus the non-aligned countries in the Balkans and the Adriatic. And we might even toss in the northern parts of Greece and Turkey while we're at it ]