PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Into wind for run-ups?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 08:41
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
With the greatest of respect to the skygods here, I wish to point out two things.

1. Since I have not flown a particular aircraft all day, and because the pilot who used it before me might be even more inept than I am, I will conduct a runup check. For example, the previous pilot might not have "leaned aggressively on the ground" and my mag check might indicate a minute or two of aggressive leaning is necessary to clean the plugs.

Alternatively, he (or she) might simply have not adhered to the POH and written up the MR and declared the aircraft unserviceable because the mag drops and difference were outside limits.

I do not wish to discover this situation in the middle of a takeoff roll.

2. Since I am going to do a runup. it might be useful if my aircraft was pointed in the same direction as other aircraft attempting the same exercise. While it might be pleasant to gaze into the eyes of one or two (OK three or four!) female pilots at YMMB, doing it while standing on the brakes and revving the engine offers scope for a kind of mingling that is not my preferred method.