PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all Indair and AirIndia Pilots from UAE ATC
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 06:38
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willfly, I didn't say the Indian pilots have a lack of English. While all pilots are required to have satisfactory Aviation English to fly internationally (supposedly?!?), when it comes to the Indian pilots their English is very good. I was putting forward a possible reason for the "confirm" at the end of all readbacks, as being that they may be low on confidence in their own English comprehension and so want to confirm their correct readbacks. I think it does come down to the training and checking at these airlines. I'll say again I am not a bigot, and never judge a pilot on their English or lack of it. Some of the best pilots, as far as correct R/T, following instructions and procedures, and general airmanship, are guys with borderline English but with good training. Again I don't want this to be a racial, "my english is better than yours" argument, and the only reason I pinpointed the nationality that I did, was because they constantly are guilty of the things I pointed out.