PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all Indair and AirIndia Pilots from UAE ATC
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 01:30
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry rdr if you think I am being a bigot, by targetting a particular nationality of pilot for criticism, but in this case "if the shoe fits, wear it". I also said Indian pilots are not bad pilots, it's just their R/T that needs some serious work in a couple of specific areas. Generally they listen out well and respond quickly, it's just how they respond that is often the problem. So if you want to drag this thread down into a racism argument, feel free but I won't be participating, because I am hoping this thread may help in some small way in changing the practices of some pilots and that may have a trickle down affect to the rest.

Leftseatview, I apologise firstly for the constant interference from 121.5 in the UAE area. We constantly send off reports to the authorities about the problem, and unfortunately the problem doesn't seem to be taken anywhere near seriously enough. Just like this issue, you hope that if you keep trying your best to change things, someday the relevant people may see the light, so we will keep sending off ELT reports and keep our fingers crossed.

I understand that airlines in India are going through a huge burst of expansion with a lot of new First Officers coming on line, BUT, Emirates airlines is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, and the First Officers coming out of there, while certainly not perfect, at least have the correct R/T discipline and knowledge. So based on that I would look to where these Indair and Air India guys are being trained, and who is training them, because that seems to be a problem.

I would ask that you do all you can do, from telling a colleague sitting beside you, how it should be done, to passing the message on to check captains and the training people in your airline.

In the meantime I will correct all the pilots who are in error with their R/T, when I have time, and you never know what might happen. Cheers