PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all Indair and AirIndia Pilots from UAE ATC
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 18:05
leftseatview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working on it!

Hi,
i am a fairly old hand at indair(crossing the pond for the last 12 years or so since we first started flying to the middle east)

i agree a lot of the RT(especially the first departure call) is not quite as "Short and Sweet" as it should be.

i would just like to point out that a lot of new F/O s(about 200plus) have been coming on line for the last couple of years.

i know from first hand experience, that despite being told specifically to give the alt passing on first call it takes some of them a while to get it right.
Probably as a result of "post traumatic stress syndrome", after navigating DXBs poorly marked taxi tracks!

But sometimes even us old hands have a problem getting to hear properly what is being said on the control frequency,because of sudden sharp static on 121.5(or even a full blown intermittent elt transmission)

i have on occassion mentioned this to the controller.

On an average it takes about 2 months for the majority of the pilots from all of indairs bases to rotate thru a DXB trip.(with about 5 to 10 new released F/Os in that duration)

So if you keep at it long enough,(and i would suggest a more direct remark,as sarcasm is lost on a lot of the newbies and some of the old ones too!)
there might be some light at the end of the tunnel!

Thank You for the professional job you folks do.