PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 16:09
Easy Ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rushed Approach,

Those 2 boys in the North (niether are CTC - well 1 definitely isnt) are leaving us for EZ for 2 reasons. Money, they pay more and a base in Scotland.

Also as hard as it is to fathom, not everone wants long haul. In fact that prospect (with a free 330 rating) is the carrot keeping a lot of guys from jumping to the likes of EZ with its stable roster and larger salary, sector pay and pension. Thats the only reason im hanging about and have not applied. Dunno where you got your info that command will take longer over there though.... they're still desperately short of Captains and as soon as you are eligable the left hand seat beckons.......

Sphinx is absolutely correct. The pension for us newbies in the company is pretty crap. And i know a number of FOs not contributing to it with the intention of buggering off as soon as a better deal comes along (myself included - unless Monarch pick up their act).

I hope they do as I really enjoy flying with this company, the people are great to work with, but money (lifestyle) talks.... Hopefully more leave and the T&Cs improve greatly!

Last edited by Easy Ryder; 2nd Nov 2006 at 16:22.