PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Picture request, EC glass cockpits
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2006, 09:03
212man

Received 343 Likes on 192 Posts
To be pedantic, that's not a go-round from an ILS: it's the level off phase. On the PFD you can see ALT LOC and IAS, combined with the triangular 'bug' on the altimeter at about 290 ft. The aircraft auto levels at 65 ft but uses the radalt to predict an equivelant baralt ALT capture. In fact, you can see the aircraft is at 74 ft (figure in centre of ADI on PFD) and descending at 100 ft/min. Not only that, but the white line under the ALT caption, and the fact that the ALT bug is white, indicate that the pilot is changing the altitude datum; if the picture was larger you'd see his thumb on the collective rocker switch. When a datum is changing the bug flashes green/white (normally green) and a flashing white line underscores the axis that is changing; this is to alert the PNF and keep him in the loop.

I'm not sure why you would operationally want to be at 110 kts and 74 ft but hey ho!

Curiously, I notice that the CRHT (cruise height, radalt coupling)has been set at 490 ft: I suspect the pilot has mistakenly turned the CRHT knob rather than the HDG knob at some point in the flight.