PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the opinion on the EK 777 fleet transfers? (The Angelo & Felipe thread)
Old 31st Oct 2006, 04:31
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole Angelo-Felipe thing is just to show how crooked the whole career progress is in Emirates. When I joined, they just started the DEC thing to crew the A343. Since I was very concerned about that, I specifically asked the recruitment team (including the pilots) about DEC's. They all told me that it was a one off thing because of the deal they got on the A343's, and they were unable to crew them from the inside.

Again, I am not p1ss3d of at the DEC's, I am just raging about the way EK management does not follow a set of rules that was layed out when we signed the contract. I'm not a hypocrite, and a know that the DEC's that joined just took an opportunity, and if person X doesn't take it, there will be a person Y who does. So no bad feelings guys, I would probably do the same thing.

There's two things about DEC's that I cannot stand though: first of all, the opportunity should never have been there for these good people, and that's something I blame EK management. Secondly, I'm absolutely gutted by the AirbusDaddy's, Tartans and Brians in the company (probably just one guy though..), who are still trying to convince people that they are necessary. (EK needs our experience - EK can't grow without us - we were longhaul widebody skippers since the days you were in diapers - ...)

Shockwave, I agree with you, and would make it even better.. For the first few months, new joiners on the Airbus. Because of the delays in A380 training, there must be open resources to get that going. In the meantime, use the slots that were planned for DEC and new joiners B777 for the transition (this can start as early as next week), pair up an Airbus Capt. with an Airbus F/O to make up a crew for the transition. This way, no DEC's needed, no accelerated guys needed, all done as per seniority.

Goretex, it is the owners right.. But it shows of very poor management if the owner changes the rules of the game every two months.

AirbusDaddy, I'm not even going there. I know my background, that's fine for me...

MR8