PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210's...How Much in your 'neck of the woods'??
Old 30th Oct 2006, 17:33
Defenestrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help but think that this whole "must have 200 series time" ask is a bit of a wank. I did two circuits with the CP in the beast a million years ago (least it feels like that) and he cut me loose. I did however have around 800hrs at the time but it was all in 4 seat singles. If you can handle a 172RG/182 you can handle a C210. The important stuff is managing the engine and that can be learnt in the classroom albeit with someone that's flown an aircraft with a continental engine. It's not rocket science. The 210 is a great machine, doesn't command a great deal of respect and be nice to her and she'll return the favour. Now the 206 on the other hand is a lot of fun but will bite you if you give her a chance. Just don't let that chance happen. Don't go buying yourselves a bunch of time in the aircraft. A few rides in the right seat with someone that knows what they're doing will sort you out. Any CP worth his salt will know pretty quickly if you know what you're doing and will release you for duty accordingly. Ultimately if you satisfy the min hours to fly the aircraft then the time on type requirement is just an exercise in ICUS. Geez after a month of flying a C200 series machine you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. Happy days.......