PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Pay - Comment by Boris Johnson
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 20:03
Wannabe1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SirPercyWare-Armitag
Wannabe,

I know freedom of speech exists and all that but would you mind not putting "we" in your posts as if you are a member of HM Forces please

Having just spent time with chaps returning from Afghanistan and Iraq with limbs missing and shrapnel still embedded in their bodies, it is fairly clear that they are extremely grateful for their Railcard. Especially after it went up to £12

"I forgot the biggest benefit of them all! Security. Can't think of many firms that offer you decades of guaranteed employment."

Guaranteed employment? Top tip. 11 November is coming up. Why not take a wander along to a Church on the Sunday? Take a seat. Listen to the service. Have a jolly old read of the names engraved on the war memorial.

Then get down on your knees and give thanks and stay there
I am a member of HM Forces. And I've seen enough of what you're talking about without feeling the need to go on about it thanks.

Is your solution to pay everyone a million quid on the basis that they might get shot? You have to accept that everyone in the armed forces, chooses that career. And like any other career, someone, somewhere, has to come up with a package of benefits. OURS (if indeed you are a fulltime member of HMAF, which somehow I doubt) is pretty good when added up.

I don't think this patronising drivel is adding anything to a debate on pay and conditions. Try the Daily Mail.