PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2006, 13:26
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSM: Don't suppose anyone will know until nearer the time, when we might get an idea of how bookings are on the various routes. As I said before, GSM may find some routes will work, some may need "tweaking" & others won't work, assuming ABZ is like every other airport in the world where routes come & go! If GSM stick around for W07, then I could imagine one or two "ski" routes, something that ABZ has never been particularly well-blessed with. Think last regular ones were Swissair (MD80) in the 80s. Also maybe PRG & Berlin as "citybreak" destinations for GSM. I doubt they will pull out of ABZ without giving us a chance. Of course their first route actually starts next Fri, TFS, initially using a B738.

New routes from flyBE (EXT-LBA-ABZ) & bmi Baby (BHX) start today, BE644 just left for the return trip. WW due this evening.

Interesting to see the two BE DH8Ds arrive one after the other, & also ditto the RYR B738s - shape of things to come???

Local paper will have a feature on KLM this coming week, with their future plans for ABZ. Whether that means new routes or just better seat cushions remains to be seen! Or it could be ANOTHER try at a SVG route!!