PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada RP vs 340 / 767 FO pay
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 23:48
CanAV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce the facts are as follows.

1) The current AC hiring process is disorganized, unpredictable and generally a mess. Ask anyone who has passed or failed.

2) The starting salary at AC is very poor for a legacy carrier. Ask anyone living on it.

3) The infighting between pilot groups is as bitter as ever. Ask anyone who flys at AC and is forced to listen to it.

4) The company is using the conditons mentioned in fact 3 above to shaft the pilot work force. Ask those affected by fact 2 above if they agree.

I bring this up because you jump on anyone who even suggests leaving Canada, or god forbid AC to go abroad. Life aborad has its problems as you suggest and I agree, but I will take the little problems and deal with it. If you have the balls to go abroad in the first place, you can handle the rest.

As for the cost of living abroad well life is life. The pay goes with it. I don't know many starting FO's in Canada that can buy a house that is worth seven digits. You obviously base your facts on assumptions.

I am not going to get in to a pissing match with you or anyone else about this crap because it really is pointless. I felt the same way when I listened to the snickers in the crew room etc as I packed my bags a few years back. You remind me of them.

Do yourself and your fellow AC pilots a favour and spend the energy you use shooting other people down, defending the fort as the company pulls the rug from under your feet. Unity my friend, it goes a long way. Hug a Canadian guy tomorrow and you will feel the weight of the world lift off your shoulders.