PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada RP vs 340 / 767 FO pay
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 14:15
flyr4hire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO JOY: read my posts carefully, then enlighten me as to where i come off saying that i am a super natural human being because i work for AC! The hiring may be flawed, as i'm sure it is in your parts of the globe, nobody's perfect, but your posts and those of Tripler attack and undermine the capabilities of the ones who fortunately / unfortunately remained in Canada. I am not defensive, no reason to be. No-one, except myself, can screw things up for me at AC, hence i have no fear of losing anything. I was just like others trying to make it to the majors. Luck or whatever you want to call it, i am blessed to have my dream job, otherwise i would of looked elsewhere, as you have. I don't chastisize some who have made the move. Everyone deserves to make it. However, just take a deep breath and objectively look at your posts and those of Tripler. It sounds like you are trying to justify your move. There should be no reason to. You do what is required to make it, albeit Canada or elsewhere. The name slinging carried in your posts, and your references to "train to standard" - "don't need passports" - "brown skin" -
"Do you guys even do PPC's anymore?" - "Do you even need an ATPL to fly that thing? Does a CPL suffice?" - "Who's in the left seat in a Boston snowstorm" - "You guys hired a pilatus copilot from winnipeg"
are uncalled for.
If these statements aren't defensive, then i don't know what is. I never make any mention as to what anybody was / is before taking on their dream job. It doesn't matter. I thought i was clear in my point about AB-INTIO pilots, even there you missed the point. Your rebuttal simply implies that YOU could handle the AB-INITIO over there, but yet you go on to undermine the "Pilatus Co-pilot" from YWG by saying he was hired before yourself. I can't justify what happens in the hiring process. Many of my personal friends, great pilots, great social people, have been PFO'd by AC. They have wonderful careers as we speak. That doesn't make them any less of a pilot. I hope to have cleared up any misconceptions, and for the sake of sanity, put this thread back on track. If not, well, don't expect any more rebuttals on this topic from me. Cheers.