PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow voted worlds worst airport
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2006, 10:20
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SXB
While Heathrow is pretty bad, and I agree it's best avoided, it certainly isn't the worst airport in the world; I can only conclude that the contributors to that particular survey are not that well travelled.
I agree SXB, like in all surveys you can only get an idea of what that specific portion of travellers think. I Never even heard of TripAdvisor, if I had I would have probably casted my vote. So surveys like that only give us an idea of what a certain category of flyers like or not.

I really hate LHR, T4 isn't that bad but oh my, T1,2&3 get my vote for worst airport I've ever been to. I had far better experiences in Africa (although never been to Lagos) remote American towns and even the annoying, displeasing SHOREHAM (brighton city) AIRPORT (aka the Shoreham strip) has given me less hassle.

I hated the queues in some middle eastern airports (Damascus anyone?) but people are usually much nicer and have better attitudes than most BAA security agents at LHR (F3G I so empathise with you).
I will never forget some police officers' smiles at the visa issuing office in Amman - have you ever seen an immigration officer smile at you at LHR?

By the way, it hurts me to say it but LGW is going down that road too unfortunately, although there's still a sense of humanity there - it really me off when they clearly see I am pregnant and they hand-search me anyway: if they had told me in advance I would have avoided going through the metal detector in the first place!!! This thank god hasn't happened at LGW just yet.

While I agree with LHR being the worst, some Italian airports should have been included in the top worst airports ever, I would have put NAP at number two and FCO at number three. Believe an Italian!!!!

FBW