PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - disaffected union members
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2006, 22:33
safety case

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ll try to answer some of the points raised,
Firstly there is no intention to form a new union or to join another. If Prospect who in theory, have the expertise to represent ATC staff cannot satisfy the aspirations of its members then I would doubt any other union body could.
In past years IPMS (the supposed major player of the new Prospect union) was always considered to be the weaker of the civil service unions, hence the reason why so many smaller airfield managements would rather recognise Prospect, than say the T& G.
It has already been mentioned that the larger units carry more sway than the smaller units, multiply that to the power of 10 and you’ll have some understanding of how the few non state airfield members feel.
Anotherthing mentions get involved do the foot work etc, Been there done that, ultimately to no avail.
GATCO, possibilities when it comes to legal advice but as Alan m states if one F—k’s up absolutely no one can really help you ,That’s why we are Licensed so it can be taken away along with your freedom.
In my experience Prospect has under performed in every department .The full time staff are over stretched and under funded ,Cases are assessed on grounds of cost and not on justice for the members concerned .They promise much, ,as OWZ says a toothless institution whose only advice is to suggest industrial action,
Would withdrawing from the union solve anything, personally I doubt it, but at least the members would not be wasting their money