PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP is Pathetic
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2006, 06:45
PennyBenjamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry AFAP is Pathetic

The minimum wage just went up to over $700 a week. This is almost as much as a full time commercial pilot. Ha! Don't give me the 'I love to fly - I would do it for nothing crap' - we all love it, but at the end of the day, we deserve better. AFAP are such a dead weight in this industry it is no wonder no one joins them.
For all of you young guys who think the airlines will pull you out of this financial hole sometime soon, forget it - even they are reducing their wages.

What are AFAP doing? Did we hear from them after the Lockhart river crash when this issue was raised? No. They are in the pockets of the operators and have done nothing to improve the award in recent years. The Adelaide RFDS guys had the balls to go it alone and fight for their wages - well done.

What am I asking for? Strikes! Rallies! Go Slows! Industry wide action that can only be addressed as a pilot group, but without a binding body we are nothing. I would love to see another pilot strike, this time in GA and regionals. Think of how many ministers and polly's we transport every day.

Have a go AFAP. Cowards.