PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ: 4 crew on 737-800 next year?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2006, 04:37
737opsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a cabin crew member but have an interest in this area, so anyone with cabin crew experience please answer this.

The change at Virgin Blue and the impact it will have it not a safety issue but more one of workload management. Can the crew carry out the same duties but with one person less and what changes to duties (ala service) may be required. And also will the crew meet the break requirements.

Flygirl you mentioned the service standard for 204 pax with 4 crew. Not having flown on QF (I assume it's QF) for a while, what would the 'time per row' be. I mean how long would it take you to serve one row of seats. The reason I ask, is that on some full service carriers the service is the provision of a prepared meal tray that is provided to every passenger. Whereas at Virgin Blue, each passenger has a personalised order which must to catered for and then have a transaction. I'm not saying either is better, just curious over the time it takes.

What I am trying to ascertain is the time per row and thus the overall time you are in the aisle serving when doing a full service of prepared meals versus the time taken when you pay on board and order what you like.

Thanks