PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 19:32
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks gents yet again.

So at the mo, are RYR getting better loads on their DUB route, or their new LPL route?

Any way of telling on the two RYR routes whether most of the passenger traffic is being generated from here, or at the "away" end?

Could other domestic destinations benefit from some loco competition?

I know we have Baby coming onto the BHX route next week, could the likes of MAN, NWI, SOU for example see growth if a loco announced services? Or even NCL, MME or HUY (maybe that's stretching things, especially the last two!)

And what about the likes of AMS, CPH, Paris (not necessarily CDG!) with some loco competition. Feasible or unlikely?

See today a CAA survey of 14 airports showed ABZ as topping the list for the ratio of business travellers compared to overall passenger numbers. 56% of all passengers through ABZ were business travellers. Local rag said this was good news for the area, but does it not show that the local economy is still too dependant on the one industry - O I L? Fine when times (like now) are good, not so when, as we saw a few years ago, oil is in decline. I thought ABZ management wanted to promote ABZ as a destination for more leisure passengers, but I guess we'll always have the oil & gas industry as a fundamental part of ABZ & the local economy. We can't get away from it (& should we??)