PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bourne Scuttles Woerth's re-election
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 17:54
ship's power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mercpc9
I'd say it is more than Fell. Henderson has been confirmed by a number of third parties folks saying one thing to us at Atlas and then something completely different . . .

As much as I want us to be a true team and fight together, I would say any Atlas MEC member would be committing political suicide attempting to form another failing relationship with the Polar MEC.. . .
. . . I would say at least the same on the Polar side.
Merc - Your sentiments seem accurate. I now understand the problem.

In Henderson's defense, I suspect that he's a different person than he was 5 years ago. Tempered with adversity, his experience today has given him a more accurate and larger overall situational focus. He has grown and has become far more sophisticated than he once was (I admit however that in the past, despite his true beliefs, he may have unwittingly danced to the different groups that pressured him - A strong leader must have the resilient internal character to avoid that). To bad past ignorance and fo'pah's (sp?) played such a large roll in this. Henderson want's to be an exceptional labor leader, however I suspect he now has regrets. He would probably have managed his membership differently if given another chance in history (but that's the learning curve). It cannot be denied that Polar's "proof is in the pudding" as evidenced as to where it's labor force is today. With proper synergies, the Atlas/Polar group should be kicking Cato in his pant's about now..

The Atlas pilot who drew blood (was initially fired for refusing to cross Polar's picket line) - Why is his name not well known? Why isn't he held up by crews as a hero example, with his actions exemplified?

When growing up in the 60's and 70's, my dream was to work for Tigers. There, the pilot group gave management fits (later evidenced as to why former Tiger mngr Ned Wallace despised his Polar pilots). Pilots were king! About 4 months prior to Polar's strike, I had a layover in PIK . My fellow crewmembers were preoccupied, so I invited myself to go to dinner with two Atlas crews. All had a great time and the event was memorable (even part of this topic was amiably discussed). . . . . What a shame animosity exists. . . . Collectively, our situation today should be far more respectable within AAWW.

Last edited by ship's power; 25th Oct 2006 at 19:19.