PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2006, 12:54
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are issues at Cork, few of which can be directly blamed on the CAA, the terminal departures area is designed badly, as it is far too narrow. I think ORK was used as a learnging curve for Dublins T2 and future developments. It cost far too much for what was actually recieved, but I still think that the airbridges should have been installed.

To be honest I think that the debt sutuation is still a huge problem, and hinders the ability of the CAA to fix some of the smaller issues with the terminal and to make attractive offers to new airlines. I would personally be far more worried about the lack of new routes and carriers than the use of airbridges. When did we last hear a new route announcement?, or the arrival of a new airline?. About 12 months before the terminal opened the routes were comming thick and fast, but now there is a deathly scilence. I can only come to the conclusion that the maagment have been too concerned wth the opening of the terminal and the associated debt issues, as nothing else has changed since then.

YES there is a shiny new terminal, but it needs to be paid for, so I suggest the airport should shout, scram and give itself every possible oppertunity to entice airlines like SAS, LH, bmi,TAP, Spanair, there is plenty of room for a star alliance member or five @ ORK, AF/KL wouldnt do anyharm either(WX maybe?). Also think that flyBE could also be enticed. We need new airlines people, otherwise EI, RE nad FR will dominate. That would not be good news at all.