PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bourne Scuttles Woerth's re-election
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2006, 22:26
mercpc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ship's power
Mercpc9 -- All of this bad history sounds pretty ominous. What would it take for Polar to fix it (other than tossing Fell into Homer Bay with a fancy set of concrete shoes)?
I'd say it is more than Fell. Henderson has been confirmed by a number of third parties folks saying one thing to us at Atlas and then something completely different and usually derogatory in our absence. Who knows what he says in the presence of the Polar membership by themselves.

Henderson was also afforded access to our membership by the Atlas MEC at least twice that I can remember (VARS message and at a council meeting) saying we should work together. Immediately later, he was saying we were scabs in the hallways of ALPA in Herndon for everyone to hear and in other places long before any countdown or strike. Our MEC was never afforded any access to the Polar membership. That's what our relationship has been like pretty much from inception with Fell and Henderson. One way.

So it's deeper than just Fell and Henderson. It's also with a list of other's not worth mentioning but play major roles within the Polar council.

It seems the Atlas membership is falling back onto the old adage "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." This would be the third time if attempted.

As much as I want us to be a true team and fight together, I would say any Atlas MEC member would be committing political suicide attempting to form another failing relationship with the Polar MEC. Judging from the postings here and conference calls I've inappropriately listened in on at Polar, I would say at least the same on the Polar side.

Last edited by mercpc9; 26th Oct 2006 at 11:44.