PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bourne Scuttles Woerth's re-election
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2006, 17:42
mercpc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warped memory

Originally Posted by furloughfodder
Let me get this straight. You guys at Atlas are now applying for Battlestar Wings? (These are the ALPA wings with a small star above them).

Historically, these wings have only gone to pilot groups that have endured the hardship and courage of going on strike.
Acutally, it was asked by Members of the Executive Council to submit a request for them. Not Atlas. I see you can't listen very well.

Now we have a pilot group that has NEVER been on strike (they always cave in to managements demands at the last minute), with many members that are scabs from Eastern and other airlines (Polar has NEVER hired a single scab, Atlas has at least a dozen on their list RIGHT NOW)
We have to thank Polar and their MEC Bob Fell for volunteering in the last 15 minutes of our countdown to strike for that. Fell volunteered you and your membership to fly our previously agreed upon struck aircraft and work. Thanks guys, we have to live with how you supported us every day now.

Half of Atlas management are scabs or ex-Lorenzo staff from Eastern. Since they are the one's that hire the crews, don't you think they would bring some of them on? Why do you think we have anything to do with who they hire? We don't. Just like we couldn't do a thing about the hired replacement pilot group in STN (AACS) they put together to help you (Polar) screw us on our countdown to strike.

, trying to obtain Battlestars for a strike they helped to undermine, along with management. If you do get these wings, how embarrassing it is going to be when someone asks you how you got them.

You guys at Atlas are pathetic.
Your right, it will be embarrasing.

It will be a constant reminder of how we at Atlas conducted a work action, risking our jobs at no benefit or gain for ourselves for another group (polar). The first one on record for cargo airlines in ALPA history. All for another group and airline that has never reciprocated any support for the Atlas membership. A group which at every turn has attempted to undermine the Atlas membership to their own advantage throughout their relationship.

Maybe a few thousand ALPA members recognition should give you a clue, but I don't think your smart enough for that. Also indicating who is truly pathetic here.

Anyhow, I guess a repeat of the slideshow is in order:

Last edited by mercpc9; 24th Oct 2006 at 17:54.