PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada RP vs 340 / 767 FO pay
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 22:52
readytocopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadaKid
I worked at AC for 25+ years, and have joined EK.
My wife works here, and we quite enjoy our new life. Circumstances make the difference, of course, but the future at AC seemed all downhill to me.
During my 30 years in aviation I've never been treated as well, as I have at EK. Air Canada has some great pilots working with a management that doesn't understand aviation.
I wish the lifers well, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to start a career there.
cheers, CK
I have been at EK for 2 yrs...while I enjoy my life professionally, I can tell you that everything here is a chore. I agree, I have reached the top of my career but those of you who say that they can't imagine wanting to start a career there (AC or in Canada), then imagine spending the next 25 yrs in the desert. I cannot and I am working on it. For those of you that are enjoying life here in the dessert, well thats good, but you are enjoying life because you spent the majority of your life at home, watching your kids grow up in a civilized country and you had a wonderful career..so spending the last 5-7yrs as a Captain here is great...to make that extra cash and top up the pension.
It is all a matter of perspective. There is more to life than flying a shiny Airbus or Boeing and a matter of fact paying taxes seems OK now. While we make good money here in the sandpit..having kids, all the money goes....as well with the high inflation the money is good for day to day living. Is it worth it. I don't think so.

Last edited by readytocopy; 24th Oct 2006 at 00:39.