PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE current employment issues & union moves (threads merged)
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 19:16
hawkerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Netjets cannot exist on GA guys alone

Netjets wannabees need a clear picture what they are getting into, yes the grass is always greener but the view CL300 is giving comes straight from the commercial leaflets. The first week with Netjets (indoc) they will tell you even more bull like this.

After the first six months and out of the honeymoonperiod you are starting to have a different opinion. The opion I gave is representative of the majority of the people who are in the company for more than a few years. They have seen the reality.
Like I said, the people who work there except for the management are nice people and the work is fun.

When I leave this month I don't leave with resentment or unhappiness, but , like many , the reason most of us are leaving is that there is no long term future in this company with this management. Even under force of courtcases I doubt they will change. They do not sincerely care about us and our wellbeing otherwise the contracts would have been changed years ago. We have given up, we don't want to be working under a illegal contract anymore with no hope for the future.And you should think about your future, you still have probably more then 30-35 years to go if you are young. Go where you probably earn a little less but have a regular legal contract with social benefits, security etc and protection from unions who can fight your contract because it is made in e.g. UK or France or germany, not the isle of man.

Most of us are ex-airline and think it is time to move on. Netjets would not have been able to grow the way they did without our expertise in procedures, strict sop's and trainingexperience, but they do not realise it. The recruitment of ex-airline people is drying up and they chase the current pilots away or piss them off.

Netjets cannot exist on GA guys alone and that will become all too clear in the very near future when most of us "older guys in Netjets" are gone. So long ....