PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Market in NZ
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 00:05
What time is ECT?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I salute you

Heya Matt.

Well done on deciding that this goal is one worthwhile persuing. I have been trained by a career instructor who was trained by Brian Cox - the ultimate in career instruction. And I'm happy to say that I can now give back to G.A. by passing on what I've learned as a "C" Category Flying Instructor.

I would be interested in finding out where you are currently at with your flying. With any training that you do, please use the pay-as-you-go method. This way you will be able to advise your students **with integrity** how to spend their hard-earned cash.

I can recommend a great website www.whitsflying.com from an old-time instructor who candidly shares all the best advice for instructing.

In regards to the current market - Commercial employers are looking for good pilots who are teachable, relatively experienced, and with a good attitude. These people also make the best instructors. So the best instructors get given flying jobs - like I did - leaving the less useful instructors to pass on their own bad attitude... That is why I salute you for wanting to be a career instructor.

I wish you well for your future career. PM me if you want more specific information.

ECT?