PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tankering.
Thread: Tankering.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 12:22
The Lead Sparrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tankering.

Please forgive me for entering this hallowed site of A.T.P.L.

I am just a humble wannabe but please give me some credit for passing the dreaded ground school.

During this time a thought crossed my mind regarding tankering, saving the planet etc. Stay with me and remember how messed up your brain was during the dark times of study.

Tankering happens as far as I know due to the cost of fuel at the destination, accounts and discounts at the base airport.

I had an idea, and please remember the state of mind at the time, ( they could have legally sectioned me I'm sure) what if within the European Union,
the price of fuel was set by brussels every month or every week and each airport had to charge the same. Would this not reduce the amount of tankering dramatically?

I have flown as cabin crew for 11 years so have chatted with pilots about this. There is the problem of islands having higher cost to get the fuel out to them in the first place and I'm sure there are many other problems which is why I wish to throw it to you chaps (and chapesses of course. I knew that crm would come in handy one day.)