PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duane Woerth out at ALPA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 04:46
Phil Squares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colonel Klink
Phil,
Losing by 900 votes is not substantial when you have 47,000 members. You obviously don't like him, but he has presided over an industry in meltdown and I think he has done a good job. Consider all that has happenend during his Presidency, with most of the US majors in Chapter 11, seeking wage cuts and concessions. It's not a job I would have liked to do, but maybe the new guy will have an even tougher time restoring things back to the way they were. Good luck to him.

Col. Klink,

Just so you know, there was not an election per se. The way it works in the BOD meeting is every MEC votes their votes and that's where the 900 vote margin came from. My guess is if the members actually voted it wouldn't have been that close!

Being a former ALPA member, it has amazed me how as other members were taking massive pay cuts, the ALPA president was pretty well insulated from that. More importantly, take a look at the expense account he is provided with; other things like a residence, car/driver. That's what I mean by the "good life". Perhaps he needs to drive around in a "beater" for a winter in DC, just to remember where his roots were.