PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 15:24
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnrizzo2000
I think Glasgow or Manchester, and Riga. Budapest, Geneva and LasPalmas would all work aswell! Maybe new routes might be operated by DUB aircraft, like DUB-GVA-ORK-GVA-DUB?
Well the 713/714 do originate in LHR(I think these flights would be DUB-LHR-ORK-LHR-DUB), so I guess W patterns are not out of the question. So 4.5 320s are possible for ORK next summer.

I think MAN could be attractive to EI, but bmiBaby keep moving the flight around, so the timings could be a bit tricky. If it were done correctly the two carriers would operate at either ends of the day, thus offering day returns and cutting down on competition. I suppose 2x daily to MAN is a bt ambitious with the 320s! I think BHX might go daily as well. GLA is possible too....I think if they want to work their a/c a little harder @ ORK, they'll have to bring more UK destinations on-line.

By the way is there any news on how the LBA route is doing with RE? I hope they keep it up, otherwise Ill have to go through LHR or DUB again.... to come home from uni! Do RE actually have a/c based at ORK or do they rotate the aircraft around, doing W's and such? I cna't really tell to be honest!