PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - push back red?
Thread: push back red?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 11:00
Bedder believeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilotho.

No. After a "RED" push at the Pax terminal, your "PORT" or RED wingtip will be nearest or adjacent to the terminal concourse. A push "BLUE" will be the opposite. "GREEN" can go either way, but are only available for HAECO tug crews pushing CATHAY/DRAGONAIR aircraft. So, forget about them. At the CARGO apron, a "RED" push from bays 10R through to 23 will have the RIGHT or effectively the Starboard side of the aircraft against the freight terminals, and pushes from bays 24 through to 33L will achieve the opposite. It may sound complicated, but it works. As for those suggesting "Compass points" I would say that with the design of the terminal parking bays, then we would have just about every compass direction covered. I did suggest in my post 5 that the "RED equal wingtip against the terminal" was only an easy way for the directions to be remembered. Forget c**p about "then why isn't "GREEN" the opposite, because in this case "BLUE" happens to be the colour selected. At Kai Tak, there were only 8 bays that had aerobridges, and there we used to say for all bays, either push back facing Runway, or Push back away from runway. There were also quite a few "drive through" bays at Kai Tak If I recall. Here, the only "drive through" are W126 and V131 to V135 which are only used by A320 and smaller LCC (JetStar, HK Express etc) aircraft. Your head may be spinning after reading the above, but if I can undertsand it, then you should be able to. Anyway, just be good boys and sit there and go for the ride.