PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The right camera
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 09:46
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tiger, nice shot, I like the NVG idea, loads of potential.
I shoot RAW 99% of the time as all the data is there, this is partly because I was brought up shooting tranny film, (dont go there! ), at low asa, 25/50/100 to get the best quality.
I have three 1GB cards, these hold around 90 x RAW shots each, for my camera. I do this as if I lose one, or one becomes corrupt, as can rarely happen, then I only lose 90 shots rather than 150-180. I also leave a good five or so images unshot, so I only get 85 images per card. This is a 'personal' insurance that I don't overload the card with data and perhaps overwrite, or corrupt something I really want to keep. I do edit 'on location' too, but be sure to know how too, otherwise you could delete that once in a lifetime shot, or your entire card inadvertantly. It also eats into camera battery life.
You do have to remember to take them with you of course not that I've ever sat on a hill patting my pockets and thinking
It is possible to set you camera so that when you turn it on the LCD panel shows NO CARD, a huge face saver!

And shooting through glass/perspex, take off any polarising filter, it can show the glass construction with a banding and/or rainbow effect which no amount of editing can ever undo.

Last edited by jumpseater; 21st Oct 2006 at 09:56. Reason: last para