PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cl-44-o and swingtail merged
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2006, 05:41
mmelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transporte Aereo Rioplatense

Dear Ramp Tramp:

Browsing on Internet I found this forum specially about CL 44 freight. Many Friends of mine was pilots who flew CL 44 at TAR registred in Argentina such as LV-JTN. ( I flew as F.E B-747 Aerolineas Argentinas )

They told me a lot of flights (adventure) in cattle transport !! remembering the real problem of cattle urinate !! ( and strong odors ).

The first operation was to protect all fuselage floor with a special nylon
to avoid dangerous corrosion. etc, etc.

Many pilots of TAR now are Jumbo 400 series Captains and Airbus 340 series Captains.

At this moments we are trying to do a special TV program in Argentina about CL 44 and CL 44 Yukon cargo history.

If you like I could send few photos of previous and laboruous cabin conditioning and cattle load on the great plane named " CL44 YUKON "

Best regards

mmelli

Originally Posted by RampTramp
The 'cattle truck CL44 was, if memory serves, a true 44 with swing tail & was operated by Aerolineas Rio Platte or something like that (River Platte Airlines). Can't remember for the life of me where it was registered (Argentina??) but used to come in with cattle & leave with general freight. Transmeridian used to look after it at STN. I'm sure somebody will correct my failing memory where neccessary.

Ah, happy days!