PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2006, 16:31
planestupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by expatula
guys, $5,000 in the philippines is already a big deal! no kidding. by philippine standard five grand is helluva lot of money! of course it's still not that big if you compare it to other foreign airlines. but man, you are in the philippines!!! be happy with that. there's nothing like working in your own country. and with that kind of money i am pretty sure you and your family will have a good life.

cheers!
Don't kid yourself guys... $5000 a month is sh.. if a pilot is earning 2x somewhere else. Remember that the pilot in Asiana is doing the same job as the PAL pilot yet he gets $12k a month. OK so you say that it is a lower standard of living in RP.... so things should be cheaper..yes? NO... PAL passengers pay the same or MORE for the same flight. PAL pays in Pesos but charges paxs in USD. Please...... someone do the math for me!!! Foreign carriers pay their pilots more, their FAs more, their ground staff more...how do they turn a profit especially if PAL can do it for a whole lot less?? Does LT have a secret oil well somewhere? There is only one conclusion... LT is making a Fing fortune and screwing anyone that begs to work for him.
Someone tell JA that those that have left are not crying...!! I have a big smile on my face when I get my check every month.