PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737- flaps for takeoff
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2006, 04:15
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Aircraft, I have some experience and advice I'd like to share with you.

As a very, very, very, junior engineer at AN, I was once asked to investigate rather unpleasant nosewheel vibration on a few aircraft (F27 Fokkeri) and proudly presented my typed report, complete with diagrams, graphs and some impressive statistics...............and my recommendation that the entire fleet be grounded forthwith pending the assembly of a task force to deal with the matter.

To his everlasting credit, my boss politely, tactfully and privately tore me to shreds in such a way that I didn't feel the complete git that I obviously was (and probably still am). My complete overreaction and jumping of miles to conclusions about the matter was never mentioned again, and I like to think they eventually beat some sense into me.

From memory the problem was fixed by tightening the balance specs on the nosewheel, a bit of re - rigging or giving someone a kick in the backside, or all three, can't remember which.

I would respectfully suggest that you learn to consider when it is appropriate to shut up or perhaps make further inquiries before opening mouth, otherwise I suggest that your aviation career is going to come to a very short and embarrassing end.

To put it another way, How do you think you are going to feel when you stuff up again, and one of your colleagues gleefully runs off to ATSB before you are out of the aircraft?