PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737- flaps for takeoff
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2006, 03:28
aircraft

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sandy Freckle:
My boy, the system worked as advertised. The QAR WILL have captured and flagged it, but I guarantee you that the crew WILL have self reported.
The "config warning" part worked, but that is the last resort catch. The part that a professional pilot would be extremely concerned about is that it required the config warning to prevent the takeoff continuing (that it happened at all, in other words). How well did the warning horn work in the case of the Helios 737 that failed to pressurise?

How can you guarantee that the crew self reported? I thought only used car salesmen handed out guarantees so freely.

Is it one of your guarantees that the incident will be detected by the person analysing the QAR data? Other posters to this thread have stated that what gets picked up is dependent on how sensitive the analyst chooses to run the analysis. Is the QAR data from every flight analysed? Does it require humans to do it? What if those humans call in sick or get snowed under?

So pullleeease don't get on here and lecture professional pilots about their moral responsibility. They are fully aware
Some are aware, but by no means all. There are powerful reasons not to self report at times - but surely you would be aware of that.