PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 17th Oct 2006, 18:43
cruisercruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thermal Image

There have been others, eg one who did his own CPL, was underaged so he waited out his time but was an instructor at the Flying College in the meantime, then joined SilkAir, crossed over to SIA, got his command, and now has left for another Asian carrier. Did very well, decent bloke, nice instructor, good operator, a lot of passion for flying. Totally deserved his success. Like the first example, he had a godfather in SIA Flt Ops which helped even more because he was a good guy.
Was revisiting this thread and thought maybe I could get some info here. Where did this decent bloke get his CPL?

Also I've been told thousands of times by UK pilots CONTACTS is what a privately funded CPL holder needs to get the break. Any suggestions how? Have visited places like SYFC to shake some hands, revisited it to reshake some hands whom had completely forgotten me!

Unfortunately can't really get to shake hands in SFC. More less the chance to speak to people in T2 flight ops. Was there speaking to some admintrators and was told its difficult to catch the big shots unless you are damn lucky. I left feeling like a wandering ghost. Desperate it sounds but someone had told me "if you can't get past your own inhibiitons, how do you expect others to get past their inhibitions on you?"

comments?