PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Damages for dead Yak pilot's family
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2006, 14:33
pistongone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sticknrudder,
i am sorry your offended by my post, but i wanted to make a point of the litigious mentality that prevails in this country. How do you or any other person know who's screw driver, if indeed that was the cause of the loss of control, it was? The accident rate on the roads of the UK is 3500/year, ish. so in the last week appx 67 people died and you didnt feel any remorse or otherwise for them did you? You may even have been cursing in the resultant traffic jam caused by one of them!
My point is, when ever anything happens, Lawyers'R'us come running and someone cops a large bill! So Stick, if you can say hand on heart that the pilot or his brother, who incidently didnt seem to cause you as much concern as the pilot, never ever carried out any home maintenance on the aircraft, then i will modify my views. However, seeing as the pilot isn't with us anymore, i think we can assume the person i am actually agreeved with is the one who made the claim. PROBABLY A LAWYER on legal aid even. You see Stick, when things are not connected with yourself, personally, it is easier to be objective!!! Imagine if the AAIB boy's knew someone personally involved? They would be off the job, same with the Police, Judges,Lawyers and Doctors. So i feel for you while you are mourning the loss of your friend, but i still feel angry at the claims'R'us mentality that brought this case to court, resulting in a large damages award!
As for me being a knob, well i will just put that down to your being agreeved, or maybe just being vocabularily challenged