PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Pilot Recruitment Freeze
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2006, 02:55
Ratter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Coitus,

Just with reference to your comment of the 737 mins being changed to 5000 hours. It seems a little strange to me that to solve the alleged lack of performance issues a company would just introduce an arbitrary requirement for 5000 hours.

I would think that a better indicator of a pilot's potential to perform to a set standard would stem form the quality of one's experience rather than the quantity. For example would a pilot with 3000 hours consisting of instructional, charter, multi-crew, international and jet experience necessarily be less likely to perform compared to, lets say, a pilot with 5000 hours consisting of all instructional experience, no multi-crew, no turbine, only the minimum required multi.?

Issues relating to the underperformance of a candidate can also be related to personal difficulties such as marriage issues, financial issues...... and the list can go on and on. I would think that the measurement of a person's likelyhood to achieve a required standard can be better achieved through a more rigorous process of recruitment that may include a sim ride etc.....

Just a thought!

Safe flying!

Ratter