PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - no taxi-out checklist
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 16:53
HS125

Location: On the right of the clowns and to the left of the jokers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im with Ignition Override here. Particularly in Europe when the time to the expiry of the slot is small. Sitting on the apron doing checks will, in my view, lead to more pressure to rush the taxi. It's also bloody inconsiderate for anyone who is now unable to manoeuver as you have left your stand but have yet to taxi off.

Theres also an cost or environmental consideration, Youre sat still with engines running doing checks. I recently sussed that one corporate operators checklist was wasting around £400 a year this way over just a few items per flight.

I would advocate andoing anything that involves too much 'looking in' when stationary but think that the whole checklist standing still is overkill in this regard.

I also advocate a 'Takeoff Configuration' Check. This should be taylored to cover the things that are going to really spoil your day n the specific type as well as the more obvious generic ones. One addition to this I have is that if there is an aircraft key or keys, Takeoff Power does not get set unless both flightcrew have sight of the key at the time your'e about to take off.