PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE - 2
Thread: HUMBERSIDE - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 18:29
circseam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

After reading previous posts regarding new scheduled services to and from HUY, I still am of the opinion that BE and alike are just not going to give any route from HUY the time and effort required to build up a route, as we have seen over the years, operators have been attracted to HUY but are not prepared to work at the routes and my feeling is the only airline with the knowledge of the local market has to be T3.

I am aware that T3 are a regional airline catering mainly for the premium traffic and at premium prices, fair play to T3, that is their niche, that is their business plan but as we have seen before T3 take over routes dropped by incumbent operators and I personally think the Huy - Dub route could be ripe for the taking.

Ok, the pricing of the route must be attractive to the same market previously utilising the route and low cost pricing is just not T3, is it? However, as we have seen with Ryanair, the route is no doubt sustainable with the lower operating costs of a turboprop and with less seating than Ryanair was offering but the pricing has to generate the traffic.

C'mon T3